Temperature switches and temperature sensors with ATEX approval are suitable for use in explosive media and environments according to Directive 2014/34/EU. Float switches are passive devices. They do not require a power supply. All standard ATEX devices are offered for a temperature range of -20°C to +105°C in the medium, or -20°C to 70°C above process connection.
For PT100/PT1000 temperature sensors, platinum measuring resistors according to DIN EN 60751, Class B are used.
These can be implemented in 2-, 3- or 4-wire technology.
Simply configure and request UniEx.T now without obligation or arrange a consultation appointment!
UniEx.T temperature measuring devices are built according to customer specifications and can thus be individually configured and used for a wide variety of applications.
BVS 21 ATEX ZQS/E377 Production Quality Assurance Notification
EN IEC 60079-0:2018 General requirements
CE 0158 II 1/2G Ex ia IIC T3...T6 Ga/Gb
aluminium housing, stainless steel housing, plug-type connector, sheathed cable
thread, flange | For details please see data sheet UniEx.T
ø 8 mm or ø 12 mm, material stainless steel 1.4571 | further materials on demand
| Tube length
according to specification | max. 3000 mm
max. 40 bar
| Protection rating
| Operating temperature
-20°C to 105°C in medium, -20°C to 70°C above mounting
|Switching function||normally closed / normally open contact|
|Accuracy||± 5 °C, smaller tolerances on demand | reset-temperature = temperatur switching point - 30 °C ± 15 °C|
|Number of ontacts||max. 2 temperature switches|
|Switching capacity||30V / 100mA – Ex barrier mandatory! To be operated in intrinsically safe circuits - type of protection Ex i!|
|Temperature sensor||Platinium resistor PT100 / PT1000 according DIN EN 60751, class B|
|Nominal resistance||PT100: 100 Ohm; PT1000: 1000 Ohm|
|Tolerance class||DIN EN 60751, class B|
|Self-heating||PT100: 0,4 K/mW; PT1000: 0,2 K/mW|
| Long-term stability
after >1000h at 150°C
|R0 Drift< 0,02 %|
For further technical features and details as well as the ordering code, please see data sheet UniEx.T.
- Level measurement in many liquid media, e. g. water, oil, fuel
- Large field of application due to the proven functional principle:
Monitoring of processes, predetermined levels as well as pumps and level controls
- Chemical industry, petrochemical industry, mechanical engineering, shipbuilding industry, offshore facilities, energy plants and others
- Areas of application are, for example, barrier pressure vessels, agitators or printing machines
- High durability
- The temperature sensor/switch may only be operated with certified intrinsically safe circuits with the permissible maximum values.
- The device must be included in the periodic pressure/safety test of the container
- The temperature sensor/switch must be electrically connected to the equipotential bonding system of the plant.
Engler ATEX EG examination certificate
Engler ATEX installation an operating instructions
Engler QM ATEX recertification certificate