Mini float switch for the process industry and industrial applications
- Use of Engler mini float switches in almost all kind of fluids
- Detecting levels in shipbuilding, off-shore, petrochemical and chemical industry, plant construction, mechanical engineering, hydraulic power packs, cooling systems, potable water treatment, food and beverage industry, power plants and in other power systems
- Due to their compact design, Engler mini float switches are particularly suitable for applications related to small containers, systems and hydraulic power pack monitoring
- Offers a wide range of standardized designs of connection, mounting, material and function
- Individual solutions of connection, mounting, material and function through a modular system
- Up to 2 switching points N.C. , N.O. or changeover functionality
- Temperature switch or temperature sensor available as an option
- Slidingtube ø8
- Connection big choice
- Float NBR or stainless steel
The operating principle of a float switch based on a Reed contact relies on the use of a Reed contact as a switching element. A float switch consists of a buoyant body, also known as a float, which floats on the liquid surface. The buoyant body is equipped with a magnet. When the liquid level changes, the buoyant body moves up or down accordingly. When it reaches a certain fill level, the magnet approaches the Reed contact. The Reed contact consists of two ferromagnetic contact leaves placed inside a glass bulb. These leaves are separated by a small air gap. When the magnet of the buoyant body reaches the Reed contact, the magnetic field attracts the ferromagnetic leaves and brings them together. This action closes the contact leaves, completing an electrical circuit. This closed circuit can be used to send a signal, such as triggering an alarm or controlling a motor.
In industrial automation technology, temperature sensors play a crucial role as they are used for measuring and monitoring temperature in various processes and systems. They provide accurate information about temperature to enable corresponding control and regulation systems to react. Temperature sensors in industrial automation technology are often used in conjunction with process control systems to ensure the smooth operation of facilities and to maintain optimal conditions. They help in monitoring product quality, ensuring safety, and improving energy efficiency.
A temperature switch, specifically a bi-metallic switch, is a sensor designed to open or close an electrical circuit based on temperature. It utilizes a bi-metallic switch as a sensing element to detect temperature changes and initiate the switching process. The bi-metallic switch consists of two metal strips with different coefficients of thermal expansion that are connected together. When the switch is exposed to a specific temperature, the metal strips deform due to their differing rates of expansion. This deformation results in a mechanical movement of the switch. The temperature switch uses the bi-metallic switch as a sensor to monitor temperature. When the temperature reaches or exceeds the preset threshold, the deformation of the bi-metallic switch causes a movement that either opens or closes the electrical contact. When the switch is open, the circuit is interrupted, and no current flows. This can serve as a protective device, for instance, to prevent overheating. When the switch is closed, the circuit is completed, and current can flow, leading to the activation of a fan or heater, for example.
- Precise Level Monitoring: The combination of a Mini Float Switch and temperature sensor enables precise monitoring of liquid levels in a container. This helps avoid overfilling or underfilling, leading to efficient use of the medium and extended equipment lifespan.
- Reliable Temperature Measurement: Integrated temperature sensors or temperature switches provide precise temperature readings. This allows for optimal control and regulation of equipment and processes to ensure safety, quality, and efficiency.
- Space-Saving Design: The compact design of Mini Float Switches with temperature sensors or temperature switches allows them to be used in tight spaces and containers with limited room. This versatility makes them suitable for various applications.
- Versatile Application Possibilities: These sensors are used in a wide range of industries and applications, including industrial, shipbuilding, petrochemical, food industry, cooling systems, mechanical engineering, and many more. Their flexibility makes them a practical solution for various requirements.
- Robust Construction and Durability: Mini Float Switches with temperature sensors or temperature switches are known for their robust construction. They are made from high-quality materials, providing them with a long lifespan and reliable performance in demanding environments.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: The installation and maintenance of these sensors are straightforward. They can be easily integrated into existing systems without requiring complex adjustments. Furthermore, they are low-maintenance and offer a long-term solution for level and temperature monitoring.
- Customization Options: Manufacturers often offer a variety of variations and configurations of these sensors to meet the specific requirements of each application. Customers can choose from various options, such as different connectors, mounting methods, and materials.
- Cost Efficiency: Combining level measurement and temperature monitoring in a single device can reduce overall costs, as only one sensor is needed to capture and control two important parameters.
Applications and Industries
Industrial Automation Technology
In industrial automation technology, these sensors are used to monitor and control liquid levels and temperatures in various processes and systems. They are used for heating and cooling system regulation, monitoring cooling and lubrication fluids, safety shutdown in case of overheating, and quality control in production processes.
Shipbuilding and Offshore Industry
In shipping and the offshore industry, Mini Float Switches with temperature sensors or temperature switches are used to monitor the fuel levels, ballast tanks, and other liquid tanks. This ensures efficient resource utilization and minimizes potential hazards.
Petrochemical and Chemical Industry
In the petrochemical and chemical industries, these sensors play a crucial role in monitoring tanks, containers, and processes. They enable reliable capture of the levels of chemicals and other liquid media, contributing to safety, efficiency, and compliance with environmental regulations.
Plant Engineering and Mechanical Engineering
In plant engineering and mechanical engineering, Mini Float Switches with temperature sensors or temperature switches are frequently used to monitor cooling and lubrication systems. They ensure constant fluid levels and provide timely notifications when refilling is required, preventing costly damage to machines and equipment while optimizing uptime.
Cooling Systems and Air Conditioning
In cooling systems and air conditioning units, these sensors monitor fluid levels and temperatures to ensure efficient cooling and prevent overheating. They play a significant role in building technology, regulating room temperature, and optimizing energy consumption.
Drinking Water Treatment and Food Industry
In drinking water treatment and the food industry, hygienic monitoring of liquid levels and temperatures is crucial. These sensors are used to reliably measure tank and container levels and ensure the quality of drinking water and food products.